Quebec Local Tour Guide E-learning Program
Quebec Local Tour Guide
The first e-learning program designed to prepare experienced foreign guides to lead groups in Québec. This program permits graduates to obtain a valid permit from the City of Québec.
1. Background to tourism in the Québec City Region
2. Aboriginal Québec - Yesterday and today
3. Historical and Socio-political Context –
- Early explorers
- French and British régimes
- Québec after Confederation
4. Contributory characteristics of the region
- Geography and the St. Lawrence River as factors in the historical and socio-economic character of the region
- Québec’s architectural heritage
- Québec’s religious heritage
- Québec since the Quiet Revolution
- Aspects of contemporary Québec
5. Intercultural tips to get the best possible service in Québec City
6. Fun facts
7. Rules and regulations of Québec City
8. Health care and emergency services
9. Information about museums, galleries and specialized stores
10. Organizing tours and structuring tour circuits and information for tourists in Québec City
The final assignment for this program will become a valuable tool for your future as a Québec City tour guide. This document will be an essential guideline for all the tours the graduate students will have to organize for their groups.
To register, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call at: (418) 656-6921, ext. 215.